Tuesday, June 20, 2017

More About the Importance of a Functioning Crown

I have written before about the importance of a functioning crown over having an original one. I get asked all the time "Can I keep the original crown on the watch?" Sure, if you want the watch to look like one of these.

3
2
1
4

These are several examples where owners wanted to keep the "original" Omega crown. I deal with this more than I would like to. An "original crown" has ZERO value to a watch if the gasket inside is no good. How well would you expect a rubber gasket to hold up after 50 or 60 years? I would rather have an aftermarket or another brand crown than a bad original. Every watch I buy gets a new crown if it needs it. If the original brand is not available, use any other brand till you can find one.


omegaaddict.com



No comments:

Post a Comment